Please Support Us
- A weekly support group
- A recovery support online message board
- An in-depth treatment directory
- Information about eating disorders and recovery on our main website
- Legislative advocacy efforts, including support of Mental Health Parity legislation (passed), and the FREED Act (pending)
- Research studies looking at eating disorder recovery from the point of view of those who struggle
- Representation of the consumer perspective in the field of eating disorders through affiliation with the Academy for Eating Disorders, Mental Health America, National Association for the Mentally Ill, and more.
If you would like to make a one-time donation, please select from the following methods of payment:
If you would like to make recurring donations, please select from the following options:
|$5 per month for 12 months||$10 per month for 12 months||$25 per month for 12 months|
|$50 per month for 12 months||$75 per month for 12 months||$100 per month for 12 months|
|$250 per month for 12 months||$500 per month for 12 months||$1,000 per month for 12months|
Or send your gift to:
The Joy Project
PO Box 16488
St Paul, MN 55116
Check us out on Facebook! Become a follower of our page for the latest updates on TJP events, photos and information.
- Goodsearch- Help us raise money just by using Good Search as your regular search engine! Choose “The Joy Project” as your designated cause, and one cent will be donated for every search you make.
- Goodshop- A free and easy way to support us. Shop at thousands of stores online, and Goodshop will donate up to 20% of your purchase back to us, at no cost to you! Get special coupons for things like Priceline vacation deals Priceline Coupons. Click Goodshop signup and select The Joy Project as your favorite cause to get started.
- Giveness- Shop eBay, Amazon, and other online retailers through Giveness.com, and 100% of the commissions can be donated to The Joy Project!
- Banners- Add our awareness banners to your myspace, facebook, or other web page. To view and download the banners, go to our site
- Change.org- Add yourself as a friend on our Change.org page. You can even add our fundraising widget to your myspace page!
- Amazon.com- You can now support The Joy Project while shopping on Amazon.com.
- iGive.com- Designate The Joy Project as your preferred cause. Then, any time you shop online at one of 1600 iGive-affiliated stores, The Joy Project will receive a percentage of your total purchase cost as a donation!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alongside with positions that require sparse and relatively little time commitment, our biggest need right now is volunteer staff members who are able to take on a leadership role, manage programs, and participate in helping this young and growing organization move to the next level — becoming a long-standing, self-sustaining organization with maximum national and worldwide impact.
Current Volunteer Opportunities (click to expand):Fundraising & Donor Relations»
Outreach & Promotions Staff»
Webmaster & Technology Staff»
Treatment Directory Coordinator»
Join our “online volunteer” list!
If you would like to be notified of upcoming volunteer opportunities that can be carried out through the Internet, send us an email at <volunteercoordinator//at//joyproject//dot//org> with the words “online volunteer” in the subject. We will add you to our list, and you will be notified of upcoming online activities that are available.
How could I provide in-person support for eating-disordered people?
If you would like to volunteer to provide direct support, you will be required to spend a minimum of 6 months working in a non-direct-support volunteer role prior to being able to apply for a direct-support role.
If you would like to donate your time to this good cause, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form (pdf) and send it to us via mail or email at <volunteercoordinator//at//joyproject//dot//org>. Whether you would like to help for an hour or two, or on an ongoing basis, your support will be very much appreciated!
Purchase our Merchandise
1. Eating Disorder Awareness Bracelet ($15)
2. “I am NOT a number” T-shirt ($15)
T-shirts are available in sizes: S, M, and XL (We are out of Larges). Product is shipped from the state of Minnesota using regular ground shipping (USPS; 5-7 business days for domestic shipping).
- Implement a plan to prospect and establish new corporate, foundation and private donor relationships with a goal of increasing the organization’s base of funding support.
- Plan and manage small events, site visits, volunteer activities, projects and initiatives for existing and prospective donors.
- Write correspondence, proposals, reports, and thank-you letters as needed.
- Provide written and verbal reports regarding results of fundraising efforts.
- Provide management of online fundraising campaigns geared toward reaching new audiences, and actively seek out new ‘passive’ fundraising opportunities.
- Seek out grant opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with local grant funding organizations.
- Work with program managers to create proposals for submission to grant providers.
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Director to strategize for upcoming funding needs and opportunities.
- Introduce our organization and its mission to various audiences (community, professional, advocacy-related, media, donors).
- Make presentations at various events.
- With assistance of Communications, prepare and distribute press releases.
- Work with Event Planning team to create and promote media-friendly events.
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with promotion of volunteer opportunities.
- Assist with design of material on websites and other forms of online marketing.
- Actively engage with other members of the Eating Disorder Advocacy/Research/Treatment/Support/Survivor communities.
- Contact vendors to secure event space and/or services for events.
- Follow up with potential sponsors and donors.
- Draft press releases and distribute to media outlets.
- Write articles for newsletter promoting events.
- Create promotional event fliers and emails.
- Staff events.
- Meet any and all deadlines.
- Assist in promoting events via online media sources and social networking sites.
- Direct creation and updates of internal and external websites and software programs.
- Regularly update site content.
- Perform regular back-ups of data.
- Continue to seek more effective strategies for programming and/or hardware, according to organizational needs.
Comfortable with WordPress
Graphic design skills using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent
Solid writing skills
Intermediate HTML and CSS skills
Working knowledge of PHP and CMS programs (e.g., Joomla, Drupal, etc.) will be helpful but not required.
- Assist in collecting research-based info to back up program proposals, website content, position papers, etc.
- Actively engage in collaboration and discussion with members of the ED-related research community.
- Carry out steps necessary to design and conduct research studies, including: obtaining IRB approval, assisting in subject recruitment, collecting and compiling data, analyzing data, preparing reports and papers and submitting them for publication.
- Design and conduct evaluations of Joy Project programs and procedures. Conduct feasibility studies, outcome studies, and satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate with treatment centers via phone, mail, and email, in order to encourage them to submit detailed information about their program.
- Maintain detailed records of contacts.
- Enter data into treatment directory database and update as necessary (html/php knowledge very helpful, but not required).
- Research options for publishing and marketing the Treatment Directory in book form.
- Assign volunteers to tasks as needed, and follow up with those volunteers.
- Conduct regular updates of information, as needed.