Eating disorder comes in many forms, and so do the experiences of suffers and recoveries. Here, we post stories of recoverers that were contributed to us to share the knowledge, experience, and hope for recovery. Click here to see the list of contributed recovery stories.
Share Your Story
Guidelines For Recovery Story Submissions:
- If you would like to share your own story of recovery, you can submit it to us either by emailing it to <info//at//joyproject//dot//org> or mailing it to us at: PO Box 16488, St Paul, MN 55116.
- Please remember that the purpose of sharing recovery stories here is to allow others to benefit from the knowledge that comes through experience. Please make every effort to focus on the process of recovery and not on the illness itself.
- Please try to avoid the use of numbers or other especially triggering content.
- Feel free to discuss what worked for you, what didn’t, and what you learned in the process.
- Due to the potentially triggering nature of recovery stories, all story submissions will be subject to editing by our staff before publishing. If we choose to edit your story, we will send you the edited version and obtain your approval of the edited version before posting it. If we feel that you story needs to be edited and you do not wish for us to do so, your story will not be published.